The intensity of your truffle-trip does not only depend on the species or dose you’re taking, there are a couple of measures you can keep in mind to get the most out of your truffles.
It’s a product of nature, so the amount of the active substance (psilocybin) is not exactly the same for every portion, but should be plenty.
If you are taking your trip seriously, it’s best to eat light food like juice and soup (no meat and such) three days prior to the trip, then the truffles will be absorbed really well. It’s also better not to drink any alcohol or coffee within that time.
Here are some other things to keep in mind:
– If you consume them before, after or during your meal (preferably before).
– Eating sugar (like sweets) causes a lower effect.
– Storage: Storing them in the fridge keeps them fresher, the fresher they are, the better the effect.
– Proper chewing causes the active ingredients to be released, and to be absorbed in your body better.
– Breaking the seal: You shouldn’t until you consume them, same reason as above.
– Your personal body-reaction. Not everyone is equally sensitive to truffles.
– Stay in a comfortable mental state, don’t fight what happens to you. Others have suggested that “If you convince yourself that nothing will happen, its possible to keep yourself at baseline”.
– We do not recommend taking truffles more than once a week. You will become more immune. Also, we can’t guarantee taking them at such a high frequency is good for your health. It has not been tested.
– And of course, you can always take a higher dose if you wish to increase the effect.
Posted in: 2 Usage