- Psilocybe Tampanensis Strain Guide
- Psilocybe Tampanensis Similar Species
- Psilocybe Tampanensis Habitat and Distribution
- Psilocybe Tampanensis Sclerotia
- Growing Psilocybe Tampanensis Truffles
Psilocybe tampensis is a rare psychedelic mushroom which was originally collected in Tampa, Florida. Later on, it was reported to be seen in Mississippi as well. The original specimen from Florida was cloned and the descendants’ shrooms and truffles are widely circulated among shroomers.
This magic shroom is capable of producing sclerotia, also commonly known as truffles. Sclerotia are basically mushrooms which grow underground and have the same psychedelic effects because of similar levels of psychedelic compounds – psilocybin and psilocin. P. tampanensis’ truffles are also called “philosopher’s stones.”
Psilocybe Tampanensis Strain Guide
Psilocybe tampanensis’ caps are usually convex with a slight nipple-like structure at the center. As the shroom ages, the cap expands to 2.4cm. It also changes colors depending on the amount of water it contains. Fresh, hydrated shrooms are ochraceous brown to buff and sticky. Dried shrooms become yellowish-grey when dry with slight, bluish tones at the edges.
The gills are attached to the stem, and have a brown to dark purple hue which become lighter towards the edges.
Psilocybe tampanensis’ stem reaches 6cm in length and can be between 1mm to 2mm thick with an equal width throughout. The top of the stem has fibrils with a partial, web-like veil. This stem also contains a whitish to yellowish flesh.
Spores from this shroom is usually purple brown. When viewed under a microscope, you can expect them to appear rhomboid and roughly elliptical from the sides.
Psilocybe tampanensis is a shroom that bruises purple or blue when injured. Its odor and taste are slightly doughy.
Psilocybe Tampanensis Similar Species
A famed mycologist, Gaston Guzman, considers P. tampanensis as an intermediate form of P. mexicana and P. caerulescens. However, these similarities don’t carry risks since none of these similar-looking mushrooms are remotely toxic. In fact, these doppelgangers carry psychedelic effects.
Psilocybe Tampanensis Habitat and Distribution
For twenty years, this shroom was known to come from only one place: southeast of Florida. However, in 1996, Guzman reported clusters of P. tampanensis also growing in a deciduous forest in Pearl River County, Mississippi in an environment highly similar to Florida.
This shroom is saprobic, which means it thrives on decaying matter. However, its scarcity means scientists are unable to point out its exact growing environment and requirements other than it’s a grassland species that grows on decaying matter in deciduous forests.
Psilocybe Tampanensis Sclerotia
This particular mushroom strain forms sclerotia – a hard mass of tissue that grows underground and is capable of providing nutrition to the mycelium in dire environmental conditions. It allows the fungus to survive wildfires and other environmental disasters. Sclerotia is a more formal name for truffles.
Some shroomers claim the sclerotia produces a stronger psychedelic effect than the fruiting body that grows above ground. However, chemical analysis show they are equally psychoactive and both contain the hallucinogenic agents: psilocin and psilocybin.
Because of the legal status of magic shrooms, magic truffles are preferred for sale, transport, and cultivation in some countries. One example is the Netherlands where magic shrooms are prohibited but a legal loophole allows magic truffles.
Online shops such as Truffle Magic offers Psilocybe tampanensis truffles which have the street name “Philosopher’s Stones.”
Philosopher’s Stones from Truffle Magic offer a deep trip, similar to a philosophical journey. You can expect to experience deep thoughts which will give you new insights and a higher level of self-awareness. You will also be entranced by stunning visuals which will appear even when your eyes are closed!
Growing Psilocybe Tampanensis Truffles
Many growers prefer growing truffles because they are simpler than growing mushrooms because it eliminates the steps necessary in growing the above-ground fruiting bodies.
To grow your own magic truffles, you will need the following supplies:
- A spore syringe or a spore print of living mycelium of Psilocybe tampanensis
- Grass seeds
- A grow bag with filter
- Pressure cooker
- Distilled water
Steps in growing Psilocybe tampanensis truffles:
- Grass seeds provide the perfect substrate for P. tampanensis. Mix 2 parts grass seeds with 1 part water.
- Sterilize the substrate by placing the grass seed and water mixture in a grow bag in a pressure cooker. Cook the contents for 1 hour at 15psi. This will remove any organisms that will contaminate and destroy your grow.
- Let the substrate cool down.
- Once the substrate has cooled down, immediately inoculate it with a syringe or spore print. Make sure the bag isn’t opened and the inoculation is done quickly and cleanly.
- Once inoculated, shake the bag to spread the spores of the mycelium all over the substrate.
- Keep the bag in a dark place at temperatures not less than 20 degrees Celsius and not more than 25 degrees Celsius. A slight deviation from this temperature will destroy the mycelium.
- It will take 2 to 4 weeks for the initial colonization. Shake the bag every now and then to continue spreading the mycelium. Don’t worry. This won’t destroy the growing truffles.
- Once the substrate is fully colonized, then the hard part’s over. All you need is to be patient and leave your bag of colonized substrate in a dark environment without shaking it.
- In three months, walnut-looking lumps will appear and will continue to grow the longer you leave them alone. These are the truffles.
- By the fourth month, the truffles are ready to be harvested. Take a metal spoon, sterilize it in alcohol, and scoop out the truffles and place them in a paper bag.
Store them in a cool place where they can last for weeks!
If you can’t wait four months to taste truffles, you can check out these amazing, easy to use Psilocybe tampanensis truffle grow kits from Truffle Magic!
Truffle Magic’s truffle grow kits are guaranteed to produce hallucinogenic truffles in as little as three days and in four easy steps!
Order magic truffles online today and go on a psychedelic journey!