- Psilocybe Mexicana Identification
- Psilocybe Mexicana Habitat
- Psilocybe Mexicana Effects
- Psilocybe Mexicana Truffles Cultivation
- Psilocybe Mexicana Grow Kits
Psilocybe mexicana is a psychedelic mushroom which was known to be used by the natives of Central America and North America over 2,000 years ago. The native Aztecs referred to P. mexicana and other magic mushrooms as “teonanacatl,” which roughly translates to “flesh of the gods.”
- mexicana was also the species studied by Dr. Albert Hofmann which led to his discovery of the hallucinogenic compounds psilocybin and psilocin. Dr. Hofmann is also the same man who gained notoriety for consuming 32 different specimens of psilocybin mushrooms for the sake of science.
In his book, The Botany and Chemistry of Hallucinogens, he recounts his experience with Psilocybe mexicana as:
At the peak of my intoxication, about 1 ½ hours after ingestion of the mushrooms, the rush of interior pictures, mostly changing in shape and color, reached such an alarming degree that I feared I would be torn into this whirlpool of form and color and would dissolve. After about six hours, the dream came to an end. Subjectively, I had no idea how long this condition had lasted. I felt my return to everyday reality to be a happy return from a strange, fantastic but quite really experienced world into an old and familiar home.
Psilocybe Mexicana Identification
- mexicana’s cap is 1-2cm in diameter, conic with a small, protruding tip at the center. When young, the cap is an ocherous brown but takes on a straw color with age, sometimes with light bluish or greenish tones, indicating the parts where it may have been handled.
The gills beneath the cap are gray to purple brown with white edges. This moves downward towards the stem, or the stipe, which can be anywhere between 4 to 10 cm tall. It grows darker in areas where it is injured.
- mexicana produces dark purple brown spore prints as well as a strong, starchy flavor and smell. It also has the ability to produce sclerotia, a dormant form of the organism beneath the ground. It’s basically an underground mushroom. It provides protection from wildfires and other natural disasters.
Psilocybe Mexicana Habitat
In the wild, Psilocybe mexicana produces fruiting bodies from May to October. These mushrooms can grow solitarily or in small groups among moss located in roadsides, trails, meadows, cornfields, and the grassy areas bordering deciduous forests.
You have better chances of running into P. mexicana in areas elevated at 300 to 500 meters. Only three countries are known to produce this truffle-forming mushroom: Mexico, Costa Rice, and Guatemala.
Psilocybe Mexicana Effects
Psilocybe mexicana is perfect for beginners because it is one of the mildest psychedelic mushrooms on earth. You will start experiencing the effects of fresh magic truffles at a dose of 5 grams but these effects aren’t intense. From 10 grams onwards, a medium trip takes place, and a mind-blowing, strong trip starts at 15 grams.
Of course, the extent of how P. mexicana will affect you also depends on your own resistance, body weight, stomach contents, metabolism, and mood. If you haven’t tried magic mushrooms yet, it’s recommended you start out with a low dose of P. mexicana first.
You will feel the initial effects within 15 to 30 minutes. This is accompanied by mild visual alterations, slightly enhanced senses, and euphoria. It’s not uncommon to become more open-minded and accepting of new ideas and concepts. You will also lose track of time.
If you feel like you need to get more out of your P. mexicana trip, you can always consume more truffles. Rest assured that psilocybin from magic mushrooms and truffles do not cause a physical addiction, dependence, or overdose.
Psilocybe Mexicana Truffles Cultivation
Cultivating P. mexicana truffles is more economical, and makes you a more self-sufficient psychonaut. It’s also a simpler procedure but it will take time because magic truffles need longer to mature compared to magic mushrooms.
If you don’t have a magic truffle grow kit, you can start from scratch. This method may sound intimidating but this will give you more insight into the lifecycle of P. mexicana truffles. You will also be able to scale up or reduce your grow depending on your needs.
You will need the following supplies:
- Spore syringe filled with Psilocybe mexicana spores
- Grass seeds for your substrate
- Grow bag with filter
- Pressure cooker
- Create a substrate using grass seeds. Mix ten parts grass seeds with 5 parts water.
- Sterilize the mixture. Put it in a grow bag, place it in a pressure cooker, and cook the contents at 15 psi for 1 hour. This will eliminate all organisms that will contaminate your grow and compete with the growing P. mexicana’s nutrition.
- Cool the substrate then inoculate it with your syringe. Shake the substrate to spread the spores all over it.
- Keep the mixture in a dark place with temperatures between 21 to 25 degrees Celsius.
- Wait for the mycelium to colonize the substrate. This will take up to a month.
- After the colonization period, you’ll need to wait just a little bit more. Leave the colonized substrate in the dark room and stop moving it to allow the development of hard, walnut-looking lumps – the truffles. It takes 3 to 4 months for these truffles to grow. The longer you leave them, the larger they become.
Psilocybe Mexicana Grow Kits
If you can’t wait four months to taste P. mexicana, then you’re in luck!
Truffle Magic offers magic truffle grow kits online. The Psilocybe mexicana truffle variety from Truffle Magic is guaranteed to give you a nice, euphoric trip. It’s light enough for a beginner and to enjoy a great night with friends.
Truffle Magic’s grow kits are effortless and guaranteed to produce magic truffles in as short as three days!
Order magic truffle grow kits online now and let the party begin!